We demonstrate and proclaim the Gospel by equipping our students for a lifetime of Christ-like, justice-minded service and by building strong connections between the campus and community to address complex social problems.
To achieve our mission, we…
- 集成 academic growth and community service through our scholarship programs
- 合作 with community-engaged faculty and staff on service learning, community-based research and community engagement programming
- 支持 our students’ professional, emotional, spiritual and moral growth
- 构建 strong partnerships within our local community and 地区
- 促进 opportunities to volunteer and gain local knowledge
- 促进 honest dialogue about (and spread awareness of) issues of oppression and social injustice in our local community, 地区, nation and world
- 强调 recruitment of, support for and advocacy alongside students from low-income, first-generation, marginalized and otherwise vulnerable populations
- 参与 in our democracy through voter education, issue-based learning and public policy research
In all of our efforts, we strive to help Carson-Newman University achieve our larger institutional mission “as Christian educators to help our students become educated citizens and worldwide servant-leaders” and realize our vision to become “the Christian liberal arts based university of choice in the Southeast for education and service.”
Deciding every day to live as a network of people who come together as one to love, empower and advocate for one another.
Psalm 133, Isaiah 11:2, 2 Corinthians 5:16-17, Galatians 6:2, Ephesians 3:14-21 & 1 John 4:7-12
认识到, accepting and celebrating our differences as the power that makes each of us unique and creative.
Acts 8:26-40, 徒十, 1 Corinthians 12 & 罗马书12
Seeking to understand others and holding space in order to listen to other people’s stories
Mark 7:24-30, Luke 10:25-37, John 8:1-11 & 徒十
Practicing the ability to show up as your full self and be honest.
Psalm 139, 2 Corinthians 8 & 12:7-10
Showing dignity and consideration toward others while learning how to build appropriate boundaries in different settings and contexts.
Matthew 7:1-12, 罗马书12, Philippians 2 & 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13
Welcoming all peaceful visitors, guests and newcomers with our warmth and our attention, offering them refreshment and ensuring they are safe and reasonably comfortable.
Leviticus 19:33-34, Matthew 25, Luke 14:7-14 & Hebrews 13:2